Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January

It's been a LONG time since I've updated this blog. Life has been full of activity lately (I guess that's a better way to say it than "busy"...). Todd's second semester has begun, and he's happy to have slightly smaller class sizes. He has had a few meetings with the track team and it looks like he'll have a small squad of distance runners. Their first (and only) indoor meet is this weekend. He was excited to get an iPad from school which he will use as a teaching device but also for personal use! I'm adjusting to a much fuller schedule this semester. I spend a lot of time in classes! I have some opportunities coming up that I'm really looking forward to. I'm teaching sports nutrition to a middle school class in Park City and also working at a Diabetes Expo as an educator.
Last weekend Grant came to stay with us for a while. We had a lot of fun skiing, playing games, checking out the Tanger Outlets in Park City, and Todd and Grant played indoor golf. We skied at Alta ski resort since they have "free ski after 3". The conditions were great. There was even enough powder for me to get buried in (thanks for getting me out Grant!). It was our first time skiing on "real mountains". Each run is A LOT longer than the runs in Michigan :).
A few weekends ago Todd and I went out to the Dodo Restaurant to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. We had spotted the restaurant earlier that day on our run and decided to check it out. It was great!
Here's some pictures from Grant's visit and our 6 month anniversary:
Heading out to Dinner on our 6 month anniversary

At Alta Ski Resort

Grant and Todd

One of our long rides up the chair lift

At the top


No comments:

Post a Comment