Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring?

It has been SO nice lately in Salt Lake City. We've had temperatures in the 50's (and once in the 60's) fairly regularly. I love it! Todd misses the bitter cold winters in Minnesota--but I'm not complaining!
We are counting down the days until my parents come visit SLC. They're planning on coming for 5 days during my spring break in a couple of weeks. It will be great to have company again!
Despite fairly hectic schedules throughout February, we've managed to slip in some fun things! We both got the day off on Presidents Day so we went hiking with our friend Jenna. We hiked up to "the Living Room", which is located on the mountains right behind the university. Rocks have been used to set up living room furniture--sofas, love seats, armchairs. When you sit in "the Living Room", you get a great view of the valley, lake, and mountains on the other side.
Todd had parent teacher conferences a couple weeks ago. He saw parents of 88 students! After a couple of long days, he got to relax with a 4 day weekend.
I've been chipping away at my volunteer hours lately. Last Saturday, I spent 9 hours at a diabetes expo talking with diabetics about reading nutrition labels and making diabetic-friendly decisions when grocery shopping. It was a very educational experience and I'm glad I did it! Tomorrow I am teaching sports nutrition in Park City to a group of middle schoolers who are pre-professional skiers.
Last night, we had a 5 course progressive dinner with all of our avenues friends and a couple others. We started with appetizers at Laura & Jordan's, then soup at Jenna & Mark's, salads at our house, main dish made by Caleb & Amanda, and desserts at Nate & Lina's. We started at 4:00 and didn't finish until 9:00! We were able to walk between each house since we all live so close together.
Here's some pictures from our hike and progressive dinner:
View from "the Living Room"


Todd, Jenna, & I

Sunset behind the Capital building

Yummy appetizers

Nate, Todd, & I enjoying pumpkin soup!

Hanging out at our place after eating salads

Lina & Ju enjoying their Chicken Marsala

Mini peanut butter pies

Todd LOVED the peanut butter pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment