Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas!

We had such a great time with our families during the past couple weeks! We are so thankful for loving families.  The first stop was MN. We enjoyed playing games, going to Sherlock Holmes 2, many games of pool, baking cookies, spending a couple days in Sheldon, Iowa (where Todd's mom's family is from), and hanging out with some of Todd's high school friends.
Next, we drove to Michigan. We were thankful for clear roads, especially since Mom & Dad and Holly & Matt were also traveling to Michigan that day, from Georgia and NJ. We played lots of games, made a few puzzles, spent an afternoon with Jake and Alissa, celebrated NYE with the Haagsmas, and enjoyed seeing Grandma and Uncle Bruce on New Year's Day. Since Todd had to go back to teaching and Holly and Matt to work, I stayed a bit longer and was able to see some more GR friends. I even ran with the Calvin XC girls--and learned that I am not in the shape I used to be :).
Now Todd is in MN again. He is a groomsman in Travis Schultz's wedding which is tonight. He'll come back tomorrow night. It's strange being home alone for a few days after a couple weeks of many familiar faces.
I start school again on Monday. This semester is looking to be more demanding. I'm taking a few more credits and some more challenging courses.
We got several inches of snow last night and it's continuing to come down. It's very pretty!
Here's a few pictures from MN and MI.
Todd, Allison, and Skip

Grant and Todd searching for the pickle

VanWyk family

Dad's gift from Matt and Holly

The girls

The boys

1 comment:

  1. I miss you already! Glad we could spend some time together last week. I'm jealous of the snow you're getting! But it's 62 degrees and sunny here so that's pretty nice too- especially for running! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete