Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall?



We're in the midst of fall activities here...going to football games, coaching at XC meets, but there is definitely no fall weather yet. I hoping today is the last day in the 90's. I'm ready for changing colors in the mountains & crisp fall weather. I always miss home the most in the fall, because SLC falls just can't beat Michigan falls. The colors aren't as vibrant & fall only seems to last a week or two.

Our cross country team is doing quite well! The girls' team has the potential to finish in the top 5 at State Finals. The boys' team has made another step forward from last year. It's been great to see how well they are running in packs and starting to understand that cross country is more than just individual, it's a team sport. We also enjoyed a day trip to the Jordanelle Reservoir. We started with a trail run around the reservoir, and then played some games and swam.

Ultimate frisbee at the reservoir

Jordanelle Reservoir

The Girls' Team with the 1st trophy we've ever won!
Coach Todd doing his thing


Utah's fall sports teams are off to a great start! We've enjoyed watching the football team go 3-0. The WSU game this weekend will start the conference play. Soccer is undefeated so far, and volleyball only has one loss. I'm excited to be working more & more closely with the Utah XC team this year. I know nutrition makes such a huge difference in running, so I'm glad to be making an impact.

At the Utah vs. Fresno State game

We've been pretty boring outside of going to sporting events. We get so worn out from coaching on Saturday mornings, that we tend to crash for the rest of the day. In fact, our plans for a date night a couple weeks ago (out to dinner & a movie) ended up being take-out pizza and Netflix, haha!

We spent the past weekend in New Jersey with Holly, Matt, & Lily! We had been looking forward to meeting Lily for so long, and we had a great time. She is so precious! We visited a really neat aquarium on Saturday, and watched the Utah vs. Michigan game. On Sunday afternoon, we walked along the Cooper river. Todd flew home Monday morning, and I stuck around for one more day. I got to babysit Lily on Monday while Holly & Matt worked. We went on a couple walks, played, and Lily did lots of sleeping. It was fun to see her smiles! It was hard to leave and know she'll be completely different when I see her next at Christmastime.

Smiles!

Sleepy time

So good to see them (and Matt too!)


We've felt God watching over our families in the last couple weeks. Grandma Klein-Wassink suffered a minor heart attack last week, but is home and doing ok. She had a stent put in and besides the one blocked artery, her heart looks healthy and strong. Praise God! This weekend, Todd's mom got rear-ended by a Mack Truck, and is doing fine. She's sore and the car is wrecked, but it could have been much worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment