Here's what has been going on:
1. 3 of the athletes that Todd coached at Olympus High School made it to the State Meet. Annie, the only girl who qualified, ran very well and finished 31st. She ran very well--this is her first year of HS cross country. Two boys qualified, but didn't have their strongest races at the state meet. Todd planned an end of the year banquet to celebrate the season which was a great success!
2. To celebrate my birthday, we went to a Utah Football Game--and won! We played Washington State and beat them 49-6! We also went for a beautiful trail run in the morning and out to eat for lunch. As a gift from Todd and family members, I got a Canon Rebel DSLR camera! I've had a lot of fun learning how to use it.
3. We had a BIG snowstorm a few weeks ago! It was beautiful. I think we got about 1 foot. Unfortunately it was back up in the high 60s a couple days later, so it melted quickly. I'm wishing for snow again...
4. I've submitted by manuscript for publication! I'm so glad to have it off my hands. After reading 200+ research articles and spending lots of time sorting the information it's a relief to just be playing the waiting game now. Things have slowed down a bit with school. Now that the manuscript is finished and the football team is not going to a bowl game I have less responsibilities. It's nice to be able to have some time for other things.
5. We spent Thanksgiving in Michigan! Holly and Matt, Ben, and Daniel also came to my parent's house for the long weekend. We arrived on Wednesday in time for me to attend Amanda's wedding shower. It was great to see friends at the party. We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Klein-Wassink side of the family! We had 26 people there! The weather was beautiful--nice enough to play crouquet outside. Thanksgiving fell on Dad's birthday--which we celebrated that evening. My mom, sister, and I went shopping on black Friday. We found quite a few deals! We went to a Griffins hockey game on Friday night. On Saturday, we were able to celebrate Matthew and Amanda's marriage! It was a beautiful wedding. We flew back to SLC on Monday.
It was wonderful to see friends and family--and to know that we'd see them again (and the Mitchells!) in just a few short weeks!
SNOW!
Playing bags in Michigan. We had wonderful weather!
All of the girls at Amanda's wedding shower
Gavin and Owen watching Dad carve the turkey
Reilly and I. What a cutie!
Happy Birthday Dad!
Congratulations to Matthew and Amanda!
The Haagsma and VanWyk girls.
Now the Visser, Dykstra, DeVries, Mitchell, and Haagsma girls...
My family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment