Hello again!
So far June has brought two days around 90 degrees...much warmer than I'd like. But, early next week the temperatures won't reach 70, so it won't be lasting too long!
I've completed my first rotation for my summer internship. 4 weeks of food service management are complete! It was a great learning experience and I was surprised to discover how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't terribly excited about either the VA or the food service rotation, but I was proved wrong. I stayed busy with menu planning, safety and accuracy audits, meetings, plate waste studies, in-service for food service workers. and more. On Monday I begin the clinical rotation at the VA, which will be 7 weeks long.
I just began work on my Non-thesis project on Nutrition for the elite athlete. I will be proposing my project to any interestied faculty on July 20. There is a lot of work to do between now and then!
Todd just finished up school yesterday. He has signed a contract for next year and will be teaching one additional class. He will also be coaching cross country this fall. There will be practice a couple times a week starting mid-summer. Todd got some nice notes from students to thank him for being a great teacher. He certainly was a favorite teacher of many of the students!
We've both been running faithfully. Todd has decided to get in really good 5K shape once again. He is trying to ease into it slowly to avoid the injuries that he so often gets. My marathon training plan starts Monday so I've been building miles in anticipation of beginning that plan.
We've been enjoying nice weather this past month. We grilled out a few times; once at a beautiful park near our house. We decided to spend a night at Steiner State Park over Memorial Day weekend. There was a nice reservoir with a great beach, but the water was still very cold. Earlier this week Grandpa and Grandma Mitchell stopped by Salt Lake City on their way to California for the wine festival. We showed them around SLC and then they took us to dinner at a restaurant on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The food was delicious and the view was very nice. It was so great to see family!
We have a big trip coming up next weekend! We are going down to New Mexico for the wedding of David Dornbos and Jesi Hale. We are looking forward to celebrating with them and seeing many of our friends. I can't take any work off, so we'll be spending most of the 2 1/2 days on the road. I'm looking forward to some relaxing time on the road for reading more of the book my Grandma VanWyk wrote. She wrote a book using all of the letters she wrote to family members beginning after her marriage. Reading about her life in New Jersey raising 6 boys and a girl has been so interesting. Thanks for writing this book Grandma!
I think that's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment