We both started school this week. Todd has enjoyed his classes so far. He is teaching mostly honors sections, and really likes teaching students who are eager to learn. His classes are very large--all between 35 and 40 students! He's getting used to the block scheduling which means all of the classes are 85 minutes long. Todd is helping with the cross country team as a volunteer coach. The team is very small, but is growing slowly. Both the girls and boys teams are now big enough to score as a team.
I am enjoying my classes as well. I'm taking 13 credits--Nutritional Biochemistry, Nutritional Assessment, Communications in Nutrition, and Medical Nutrition Therapy. All of the classes are fairly interesting. So far the studying is not overwhelming, but looking at the syllabi tells me it will soon change. I have Fridays off from classes, so I am getting some of my volunteer hours today by working at a luncheon for all Salt Lake City residents over 100 years old!
This past Sunday we went to 1st Presbyterian Church. It is located right in the avenues, so we were able to walk there. Once again, it was a small church with friendly people. We met some members there who had taught at Calvin or were from Holland, MI! It's a small world.
We don't really have any plans for this weekend, although I'm sure we'll find something fun to do! Next weekend, we're planning a trip to Yellowstone! Since it's Labor Day weekend, we figured we had time for a quick trip. It's only about 5 hours away. Can't wait!
Have either of you been to Yellowstone before? I know you'll both love it. How cool to be only 5 hours away from there.
ReplyDeleteThose are some big classes Todd is teaching. That's neat that he can help out with the Cross Country teams. Glad to hear that all is going well for you guys.